- After plugging it in, wait 15 minutes for the modem to install updated software
- Then, open any browser on your computer and go to http://connectcenturylinkcom (not “https”)
- All modems welcome here!
- The QuickConnect steps below will look and work the same, no matter which model of modem you have
How long does CenturyLink installation take? Installation can take up to six hours, depending on the amount of work needed, so you might need to take off work
For instance, Does CenturyLink need Social Security number?
It is normal for companies that provide internet, cable or phone service to ask for a prospective customer’s Social Security number so they can run a credit check They are, in a way, extending credit to you, in the form of service that you haven’t yet paid for
Does CenturyLink require a deposit? CenturyLink Prepaid Internet is a convenient plan that gives you the simplicity of month-to-month pricing, no long-term contract, and no credit check or deposit required
Accordingly, How do I connect to CenturyLink WiFi?
What is CenturyLink installation fee?
A $99 charge for a technician installation of services is shown in the One Time Charges area Any one-time charges related to your order will be shown in this area
What happens during internet installation? During the appointment, the technician will install a small utility box called an optical network terminal (or ONT) outside or inside your home The tech will then run a cable from a nearby equipment box to the ONT, which will carry the fiber-optic connection from the larger network to your premises
How do I activate my modem? Connect the coaxial cable from the cable outlet on the wall to the back of your modem Plug the power cord into the power port on the back of your modem and the other end into an electrical outlet that is not connected to a switch Result: The modem lights start to flash and light up
How do I set up a new modem and router?
But if you want a general walk-through of setting up your home network, these steps should get you fully connected
- Check your internet connection
- Place the router
- Connect to power
- Connect to your internet source
- Access the router’s web interface
- Connect wired devices
- Connect your PC or device to Wi-Fi
How do I activate my new modem? Plug the power cord into the power port on the back of your modem and the other end into an electrical outlet that is not connected to a switch Result: The modem lights start to flash and light up Allow the modem up to 15 minutes to finish processing
Do I set up a modem or router first?
One quick way to fix your internet connection: Restart your
- First, unplug your router and broadband modem from power (for some devices you’ll have to remove the battery as well)
- Then wait about 30 seconds, and plug them back in: first the modem, then the router
How do I hook up my CenturyLink modem?
How do I find My CenturyLink username and password?
You can find the Admin Username and Password printed on the sticker attached to the side, back or bottom of the modem
What is CenturyLink default password?
CenturyLink Router Login Guide The default username for your CenturyLink router is (blank) The default password is 1234 Enter the username & password, hit “Enter” and now you should see the control panel of your router
How do you find out what your WiFi password is? In Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your Wi-Fi network name In Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box Your Wi-Fi network password is displayed in the Network security key box
How do I connect to My CenturyLink router?
- Connect to a network Connect to your Century Link network
- Access the CenturyLink router login with 19216801 Open a browser window and visit the CenturyLink router login address: http://19216801
- Change your CenturyLink router password To change the password choose Advanced Setup
- Speed up your WiFi connection
How long does CenturyLink take to install?
Installation can take up to six hours, depending on the amount of work needed, so you might need to take off work