Here’s what’s new in WhatsApp that comes to your phone: QR codes, animated stickers, and more
After months of development, various features that were in the beta versions of WhatsApp finally appear in the stable version: the company has announced the next five features that will come to mobile and desktop. These include QR codes for contact sharing, animated stickers, web dark mode and improvements to group video calling.
WhatsApp usually develops features that it tests for months in beta versions, first internally and then with free access to users. Once everything is tested WhatsApp updates stable versions of the appThese are the ones used by the majority of people; this is when the pending developments unfold. And the official availability of features that have been in beta for some time has just been announced, five new features that will not delay their arrival to everyone.
Animated stickers and QRs are now official on WhatsApp
Although we have already tested them, and many were already using them on a daily basis in their conversations, five new features of the application will soon be available to all users. This is confirmed by the company itself in its blog: after the wait, animated stickers will soon share space with static stickers and Emojis. This novelty, along with the rest of the protagonists of the WhatsApp announcement, has no date for the arrival to Android or iPhone: the company assures that they will be available “.in the coming weeks“.
The list of WhatsApp new features coming to the stable versions of the application, both Android and iPhone, is as follows:
- Animated Stickers. Users will have access to download this type of content directly from the WhatsApp sticker section. And, since they will already be active, many developers will be offering their own packs through Google Play.
- QR codes for contact sharing. No more adding numbers to the phonebook: just scan someone else’s QR to send them messages.
- Dark mode comes to WhatsApp Web and desktop version. After various ways of forcing activation the company will finally bring its dark subject to the computer screens.
- Group video calls increase from 4 to 8 participants. After being included in the beta, and after the relevant testing period, the stable application will have access to twice as many users for group video calls. In addition, a new icon allows for easier video calls.
- Feature phones with KaiOS receive WhatsApp status. The operating system for basic phones takes a small leap to approach smartphones as they will also have access to viewing and creating states (stories that disappear after 24 hours).
There is no date yet for the arrival of these five novelties, although it would not be strange if they were all incorporated at once with the next stable version of the application. We’ll have to wait a few weeks for that.
More Information | WhatsApp