Spotify’s recommendations improve significantly with the new playlist created especially for sports. Choose the length of your activities, what kind of exercise you do and the music styles: Spotify will create a special list for you.
Spotify has a referral system that has improved over the years to provide a highly personal way of making personal lists. Those that adapt weekly to each user are a good example, also the ‘Daily mix’.. And now, harnessing the potential of the recommendation algorithms, Spotify has launched a page for anyone to create a music list for their workout. A few steps and you’ll get yours.
Your Spotify choice of training music list
The music platform produces a multitude of music lists for all music genres, also by artist and by mood or activity. But until now I had not created a list for sports sessions with recommendations adapted to the type of sport and by duration of the activityThe Spotify Premium system is a user-customised system that is already active for Spotify Premium owners.
The sports music ‘recommender’ is already active in the United States, but can be used in other parts of the globe. At the moment is in English onlyThe icons and texts are not too difficult to understand. And setting up the recommendations is fun too:
- Go to this page of ‘Soundtrack for your training’. You can do it from your mobile phone or on your computer.
- Sign in with your Spotify account. In principle, recommendations are only valid for Premium users.
- Click on ‘Let’s get moving’ and start the process.
- Choose the minutes of activity you usually doYou’ll be able to choose the type of sport, whether you do the exercise with a partner, and other values so that Spotify can create the list that suits you.
- Once you have finished, you will have to give a name to the playlist: it will be stored in your library so that you can listen to it whenever you want, not just during the exercise.
With the new Spotify configurator you can not only create automatic lists for sports, but also get them for any other time of day. If you need a playlist. Activate it to motivate yourself, for example, or a quieter one for relaxing moments, Spotify allows you to create playlists for yoga. It’s up to you.
Via | The Verge