Answer: A: If you mean SMS/MMS messages, then you can’t. You need active cell service to send and receive SMS messages to and from non Apple Devices, or Apple devices that don’t use iMessage. To get activate cell service you need a sim card for GSM cellular carriers.
In this manner, Can I use an iPhone without an Apple ID?
You can now use your iPhone without an Apple ID. If you still want to sync your data with other devices you can use services like Google Drive or Google Photos.
Furthermore How can I receive text messages on my iPhone without service?
Re: Cannot text without a data plan (iPhone)?
- Open the Settings app and go to “Message”
- Locate the switch for “Send as SMS” and turn this to the ON position (if send as SMS is already on, try turning it off for about 10 seconds and then turn it back on again)
- Return to Messages and try sending the text message again.
Can I just buy a SIM card? Can I buy a new SIM card? The answer is yes. If your SIM card is not working or you simply want to change your cell number, you can buy a new SIM card. But, remember that changing your card means also changing your phone number.
Beside above What happens to text messages when you have no service?
Messages are considered texts and don’t count toward your data usage. … Tip: You can send texts over Wi-Fi even if you don’t have cell service. Just use Messages as you normally would.
Do I really need iCloud on my iPhone?
Yes. Nothing requires you to use Apple’s iCloud service with your iOS device or Mac computers. When restoring your iPhone to iOS 5 you will be prompted with the screen below.
How do I set up an old iPhone for a new user?
How to transfer your data between iPhones with Quick Start:
- Bring both devices close to each other. Make sure Bluetooth is on.
- Turn on your new iPhone.
- On your old iPhone, you’ll see the Quick Start screen offering you to set up a new device. Tap Continue.
How do I make an Apple ID without a phone number?
Answer: A: You are required to provide a telephone number in order to create an AppleID. No way around that requirement.
Where is SMS setting on iPhone?
Apple iPhone – Turn SMS On / Off
- From a Home screen on your Apple® iPhone®, navigate: Settings > Messages . If an app isn’t available on your Home screen, swipe left to access the App Library.
- Tap the Send as SMS switch to turn on or off . When enabled and iMessage is unavailable, messages are sent as SMS.
Why are my text messages green instead of blue on iPhone?
If you see a green message bubble instead of a blue one, then that message was sent using MMS/SMS instead of iMessage. There are several reasons for this: … iMessage is turned off on your device or on your recipient’s device. To check if iMessage is turned on for your device, go to Settings > Messages > iMessage.
Can I get text messages without my phone?
Can I send texts without a phone number? Yes. Most major carriers in the U.S. allow you to send texts to their customers via email. Unless the recipient has specifically contacted their carrier to have the feature disabled, you should be able to send a text via email.
How much money do SIM cards cost?
Activation Fees & SIM Card Costs: All Phone Companies Compared
|Activation Fees||SIM Card Prices|
|FreedomPop $9.99 activation fee||$9.99 for SIM kits|
|MetroPCS $15 activation fee||$10 for SIM kits|
|MintSIM No activation fees||Free SIM included with plan selection|
|Net10 Wireless No activation fees||$0.99 for SIM kits|
• 10 nov. 2020
What documents do I need to get a SIM card?
Here are the documents you’ll need if your operator allows you to get a new SIM without Aadhaar.
- Address proof, with photocopies (such as a rent agreement, electricity bill, bank passbook, etc)
- Government-issued photo identity proof, with photocopies (such as driving licence, passport, voter ID, etc)
Can I get a new SIM card with the same number?
You can get a new SIM card and keep the same number. Your telephone number is associated with a replaceable Subscriber Identification Module. Mobile service providers use SIM chips to identify you on their network. Several situations warrant issuing a new SIM card for your phone.
How do you text someone with no service?
If you’re not familiar with Google Voice, here’s the quick and dirty explanation of what it is: Google Voice is a completely free phone number provided to you by Google. It can make calls in the US over the internet and send and receive text messages, without you having to pay for any phone service.
How do you know if someone doesn’t have iMessage?
Check iMessage bubble color
If you know someone has an iPhone and suddenly text messages between you and that person are green. This is a sign he or she has probably blocked you. Perhaps the person doesn’t have cellular service or data connection or has iMessage turned off, so your iMessages fall back to SMS.
Why do I not have service in my house?
Poor signal strength could be your carrier’s fault, or it could be because of signal-blocking materials in your home’s walls. Whatever the cause, you can boost that signal and get the maximum number of bars at home. Or, better yet, just use Wi-Fi calling on a modern phone.
What are the disadvantages of using iCloud?
Disadvantages of Cloud Storage
- Internet Connection. Cloud based storage is dependent on having an internet connection. …
- Costs. There are additional costs for uploading and downloading files from the cloud. …
- Hard Drives. Cloud storage is supposed to eliminate our dependency on hard drives right? …
- Support. …
How much is 50GB iCloud?
Now, 50GB of storage costs $0.99 a month, a storage bump from the previous 20GB tier, while 200GB now costs $2.99 (down from $3.99) and 1TB costs $9.99 (previously $19.99).
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
Backups of your devices are often the culprits behind a full iCloud storage space. … To get rid of these files, open up iCloud from the Settings app (iOS) or System Preferences app (MacOS). Then click or tap Manage Backups to see all of the backups that are currently saved to your iCloud account.
How do I activate an iPhone without a SIM card?
Activate iPhone Without SIM Card
- Press the Power Button to start iPhone and Slide-right to start the Setup Process.
- On the next screens, select Language > select Country > tap on Set Up Manually option.
- Select your WiFi Network > enter WiFi Network Password > tap on OK to dismiss “No SIM Card” pop-up.
How do I remove someone else’s Apple ID from my iPhone?
How to get rid of someone else’s Apple ID on your iPhone
- Open Settings. Tap your name (or the previous owner’s name) at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. You then have to enter the previous owner’s Apple ID password.
Will erasing my old iPhone affect my new one?
Don’t worry, reset old iPhone will not affect the new one. It will only erase content on old iPhone where the operation is done. The data that have been transferred to the new iPhone or the files that have been saved to iCloud will not be affected in any way.