An iTunes backup will save nearly everything on the iPhone including pictures on the camera roll, just as long as the photos were not downloaded from the computer but taken directly from the iPhone’s camera. For more info on backups, see About backups for iOS devices.
Additionally, Can I change iPhone backup location?
You can’t. Apple doesn’t allow users to change the default location for its system backups. There is no official command in the iPhone device or the iTunes app that gives the user a choice to change this. You can either use symbolic links or download a third-party program that will move backups for you.
Also, Will an iPhone Backup save everything?
iCloud backups include nearly all data and settings stored on your device. iCloud backups don’t include: Data that’s already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Notes, iCloud Photos, iMessages, Voice Memos, text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages, and Health data. … Apple Pay information and settings.
How long do iPhone backups take? How long does an iCloud backup take? Usually, an iCloud backup takes approximately 30 mins to 2 hours to complete the process, depending on the number of files to backup, internet connection, and device condition. If you back up your device regularly, it won’t take too long to back up.
Furthermore How do I retrieve photos from an iPhone backup?
- Run PhoneRescue for iOS. Choose “Recover from Backup”, then click “Next” to continue. …
- Choose a backup first. Uncheck the “Select All” button, check “Photos” only, and then click “OK”. …
- Choose the photos that you want to recover. Then click the “To iPhone” button to recover them to your iPhone.
How do I change my iPhone Backup location on my computer?
Open iTunes on your PC. Select Edit and Preferences. Select Advanced and Change. Select the drive or location where you want iTunes to store your media.
Can I Backup iPhone to hard drive?
Open the external hard drive. Go back to the Finder window with your iOS backups in it and select the device backup folder (It will either be called “Backup” or have a bunch of numbers and letters). Drag it to your external hard drive. Enter your administrator password to authenticate your action.
Does iPhone backup save passwords?
When a user backs up iPhone data, the keychain data is backed up but the secrets in the keychain remain encrypted in the backup. The keychain password is not included in the backup.
Does iPhone Backup save messages?
Apple saves your text messages in its iPhone backups—whether they’re saved locally on your PC or they’re part of an iCloud backup—which you should have. That’s good! Unfortunately, the file containing your messages doesn’t appear separately within the backup. However, you can access them through the filesystem.
Is iCloud backup the same as iTunes backup?
Your purchased apps, music, movies, and books will be re-downloaded from the App, iTunes, and iBook stores when you restore from an iCloud Backup. … If you want to back up your apps, you have to do it through iTunes. An iTunes Backup is also the best choice If you have a lot of large files or want networked backups.
What is the fastest way to backup an iPhone?
How to speed up a slow iPhone backup or iCloud backup
- Delete old unused apps that have a lot of app data. …
- Remove unused media from iPhone, iPad or iPod. …
- Move your photos to your computer — or to iCloud Photo Library. …
- Create regular iTunes or iCloud backups. …
- Avoid sending crash reports to Apple every iTunes sync.
How long does it take to backup iPhone on computer?
Usually, backing up iPhone to iTunes will take 15-40 minutes depends on many factors. First of all, it includes the amount of data present on your iPhone and secondly, network speed. Slow network speed will take a large amount of time to back up your iPhone to iTunes.
Why does backing up iPhone take forever?
The amount of time it takes to back up your phone depends upon the amount of data you are transferring. iTunes backup or iCloud backup? iCloud backups must be sent over the Internet as an upload. So the time it takes will be limited by your upload speed through your ISP.
Where can I find my Photos after backup?
If backup is off
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- Make sure you’re signed in to the right account.
- At the bottom, tap Library. Archive.
How can I recover permanently deleted Photos from iPhone without backup?
How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone without Backup
- Run PhoneRescue for iOS on a computer. Install and launch PhoneRescue for iOS on your computer, it works on both Mac and PC. …
- Scan your device. …
- Preview and recover photos.
Where is the default iTunes backup folder?
The default iTunes backup location is set to the PC or Mac’s primary disk, and in macOS 10.15, iOS backups as created by Finder are stored in the same place. Many users have large backups or backups from a number of iOS devices, and as a consequence they find themselves running low on disk space.
How do I backup my iPhone to my computer using iTunes?
Back up your device
- Connect your device to the computer you normally sync with. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or a Wi-Fi connection. …
- In the iTunes app on your PC, click the Device button near the top left of the iTunes window.
- Click Summary.
- Click Back Up Now (below Backups).
Where is iTunes iPhone backup stored?
On both Windows and macOS, iOS backups are stored in a MobileSync folder. On macOS, iTunes will store backups in /Users/[USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup .
How do I transfer photos from iPhone to external hard drive without computer?
Go to the Photos app, choose the pictures you want to move, tap the “Share” button, and then choose “Save to Files.” Tap “On My iPhone” and select the external hard drive. By doing so, you can move photos from iPhone to an external hard drive directly without a computer.
How do I backup my iPhone without iCloud?
To back up with iTunes, plug your iPhone into your PC or Mac, open iTunes, and sync your files between your PC or Mac and iPhone. Unlike iCloud, iTunes backs up all your photos, images, media files not purchased from iTunes, messages, call logs, application data, settings, memos, calendar, and bookmarks.
Can I transfer my passwords to my new iPhone?
Encrypted backups and all iCloud backups will include passwords. Also, if you had enabled iCloud Keychain on the old phone then enabling it on the new phone will transfer your passwords. Your passwords are not saved on your “download from media” unless your backup was encrypted.
Do passwords backup to iCloud?
Apple offers built-in password storage and synchronization with iCloud Keychain via your iCloud account. … On an existing device with iCloud Keychain, you can retrieve Safari and app passwords in iOS via Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Website & App Passwords.
How do I backup my Imessages on my iPhone?
How to backup iPhone text messages
- Enable iCloud storage by going to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
- Follow the initial steps in the iOS Setup Assistant, select Restore from iCloud Backup and select the backup you created.
How do I transfer my Imessages to my new iPhone?
Here’s what to do:
- On your current iPhone, tap Settings to open it. …
- Tap your name.
- Tap iCloud.
- Move the Messages slider to on/green. …
- On the new phone that you want to transfer the messages to, log into the same iCloud account and follow the same steps to enable Messages in iCloud.