2. Use a Tool to Install iOS 15/14 without iTunes
- Step 1: Launch the Tool. Download and open iMyFone D-Back on your PC. …
- Step 2: Put the Device in DFU Mode. …
- Step 3: Update iOS without iTunes. …
- Step 1: Launch iTransor. …
- Step 2: Finish the Process.
In this manner, Is it better to update iPhone through iTunes?
Over the years, iFolks that use iTunes or Finder to update their devices report fewer problems over time. When you update your iOS via iTunes, you get the full build while Over-The-Air (OTA) updates using the Software Update function on your iPhone or iPad provides a delta updates, which are smaller size update files.
Furthermore How do I install new software on my iPhone?
Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wirelessly
- Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now.
How do I update my iPhone to a specific iOS? By alt-clicking on the update-button in iTunes you are able to select a specific package you want to update from. Select you downloaded package and wait until the software ist installed on the phone. You should be able to install the most recent version of iOS for your iPhone model this way.
Beside above Is it safe to update iOS without iTunes?
Download iOS Updates Directly to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Thanks to OTA (standing for Over The Air) updates, you can also download updates to iOS directly on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch without even using iTunes.
Does updating iPhone through iTunes delete everything?
Though Apple’s iOS updates are not suppose to delete any user information from the device, exceptions arise. To bypass this threat of losing information, and to quell any anxiety that may accompany that fear, back up your iPhone before doing an update.
What is iPhone software update in iTunes?
Apple uses software updates to roll out new features, bug fixes and software improvements for the iPhone, improving both functions and security. While Apple makes wireless updating available from iOS 5 and later versions, users can stil update iPhones from the computer using iTunes.
How do I reinstall iOS without a computer?
Method 1. How to Restore iPhone/iPad without Computer via Settings
- Open “Settings” on your device > Tap on “General” > Scroll down the screen and choose “Reset”.
- Choose “Reset All Content and Settings” and enter your password > Tap on “Erase iPhone” to confirm.
How do I uninstall and reinstall iOS?
There’s no such thing as deleting the operating system from the iPhone. You can only restore the device to factory settings and update it to the latest version of iOS. That’s something similar to erasing the hard drive and reinstalling a fresh copy of OS X on your Mac.
What does the new update for iPhone do?
The latest version of iOS and iPadOS is 15.0.1. Learn how to update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The latest version of macOS is 11.6. Learn how to update the software on your Mac and how to allow important background updates.
How do I force my iPhone to update?
Your iPhone will usually update automatically, or you can force it to upgrade right away by starting the Settings and choosing “General,” then “Software Update.”
How do I restore a previous version of iOS?
Downgrade iOS: Where to find old iOS versions
- Select your device. …
- Select the version of iOS you wish to download. …
- Click the Download button. …
- Hold down Shift (PC) or Option (Mac) and click the Restore button.
- Find the IPSW file that you downloaded earlier, select it and click Open.
- Click Restore.
How do I install an older version of iOS?
Download an older app version:
- Open the App Store on your device running iOS 4.3. 3 or later.
- Go to the Purchased screen. …
- Select the app you want to download.
- If a compatible version of the app is available for your version of iOS simply confirm that you want to download it.
How do I update my iPhone without WIFI or computer?
You can update iOS 13 without wifi using iTunes.
- First of all download iTunes for your pc.
- Install iTunes on your pc and open it.
- Connect the iPhone and pc using the USB cable.
- Look left panel and click on the summary.
- Now click on “check for update”
How can I downgrade my iPhone Without iTunes?
Downgrade iOS without iTunes
- Disable “Find My iPhone”.
- Download the Right Restore Image. Download the right restore image for the older version you intend to downgrade to and your phone model.
- Connect your iOS Device to Your Computer. …
- Open Finder. …
- Trust the Computer. …
- Install the Older iOS Version.
Will I lose anything if I update my iPhone?
Answer: A: iOS updates should not alter anything on your phone in terms of apps or settings (other than where an update introduces an entirely new settings option). As always, make sure you have an up to date back in iCloud out iTunes (or both) before making any changes or updates to any computing device.
How long do iPhone updates take?
Generally, update your iPhone/iPad to a new iOS version is need about 30 minutes , the specific time is according to your internet speed and device storage.
How Long Does it Take to Update to A New iOS?
|Set up iOS 15||1-5 minutes|
|Total update time||16 minutes to 40 minutes|
• 26 août 2021
What happens to your iPhone if you don’t update it?
As a rule of thumb, your iPhone and your main apps should still work fine, even if you don’t do the update. … Conversely, updating your iPhone to the latest iOS could cause your apps to stop working. If that happens, you might have to update your apps too. You’ll be able to check this in Settings.
How do I get my iPhone to connect to my computer?
Sync your content using Wi-Fi
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device. Learn what to do if your device doesn’t appear on your computer.
- Click Summary on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi.”
- Click Apply.
How do I backup my iPhone on the computer?
Back up iPhone using your Windows PC
In the iTunes app on your PC, click the iPhone button near the top left of the iTunes window. Click Summary. Click Back Up Now (below Backups). To encrypt your backups, select “Encrypt local backup,” type a password, then click Set Password.
Can you use your phone while updating iOS 14?
Note that while installing the update, you won’t be able to use your device at all. The update can take some time to install — in my experience, it can take 15 minutes or more — so for this reason, I sometimes wait until the evening so the update can install overnight.
Do I need a computer to reset my iPhone?
If you can’t access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer.
How can I reset my iPhone from my computer?
- Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with it.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes.
- In the Summary panel, click Restore.
- Click Restore again to confirm that you want to restore your device to factory settings and delete all data and content.
Can I reset my iPad without a computer?
If you are now able to open your iPad, you can erase all of your data and return it to its factory default settings without connecting it to a computer. Ensure that your iPad is charged, or connect it to a power source. Open Settings; select General and then select Reset. Select Erase All Content and Settings.