How to erase all data from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on General.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Reset.
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap on Erase Now.
- Enter your Passcode.
Additionally, How do I clean up my iPhone 12?
To clean your iPhone, unplug all cables and turn it off. Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, compressed air, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, abrasives or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide to clean your iPhone.
Also, How do I clear my phone before I sell it?
Go to Settings and tap on General. Select Reset and tap on “Erase All Content and Settings”. You might be prompted for a device passcode. Enter the passcode and tap on Erase.
How do I clear my cache? In the Chrome app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
Furthermore How do I defrag my iPhone 12?
Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your iPhone 12 Pro. Step 2: Head over to Accessibility. Step 3: Tap on Touch and then tap on AssitiveTouch and toggle it On. After the third step, you will see a hovering button on your screen which you will use to clear iPhone 12 Pro RAM later on.
How do I clear my history on iPhone 12?
1. Find “Safari”
- Press Settings.
- Press Safari.
- Press Clear History and Website Data.
- Press Clear History and Data.
- Slide your finger upwards starting from the bottom of the screen to return to the home screen.
Table of Contents
How do you delete everything on your phone?
Go to Settings > Backup & reset. Tap Factory data reset. On the next screen, tick the box marked Erase phone data. You can also choose to remove data from the memory card on some phones – so be careful what button you tap on.
Does factory reset delete all data?
However, a security firm has determined returning Android devices to factory settings doesn’t actually wipe them clean. … Here are the step you need to take to protect your data.
How do I remove my personal data from my old phone?
Press the Menu button and tap Settings. Scroll down and tap Privacy. Tap Factory Data Reset. Check Erase Internal Storage to erase all the data on the phone’s internal storage.
What happens when you clear cache?
When the app cache is cleared, all of the mentioned data is cleared. Then, the application stores more vital information like user settings, databases, and login information as data. More drastically, when you clear the data, both cache and data are removed.
What is cached data on my phone and can I delete it?
If you dig into the Apps storage setting screen and tap on an individual app, you’ll notice that each app has its own stash of “cached” data—anywhere from a few kilobytes to hundreds of megs, or even more. These caches of data are essentially just junk files, and they can be safely deleted to free up storage space.
What is the RAM of iPhone 12?
|Internal||64GB 4GB RAM , 128GB 4GB RAM, 256GB 4GB RAM|
How do I clear the RAM on my iPhone 2020?
How to clear RAM on iPhone using Home and Power buttons
- Press and hold the Power button until you see the slide to power off option.
- Release the Power button and hold down the Home button for about 5 seconds.
How do I free up storage on my iPhone 12?
Top 9 Ways to Free up Storage Space on iOS 12
- Manually Offload Apps. …
- High Efficiency Photos and Videos. …
- Optimize iPhone/iPad Storage. …
- Half App to Reduce Image Size. …
- Use Google Photos. …
- Set iMessage Expiration Time. …
- Manage Locally Stored Files. …
- Lite Apps/Progressive Web Apps.
Why can’t I clear my history on my iPhone 12?
Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud. Scroll down and turn off Safari, then tap Keep on My iPhone. Now go to Safari settings and tap Clear History and Website Data. With iCloud sync turned off your bookmarks, reading lists, and browsing histories aren’t updated across devices.
How do I clear Google history on iPhone 12?
Delete your browsing data
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
- Tap More History .
- At the bottom, tap Clear browsing data.
- Select the types of information you want to remove.
- Tap Clear browsing data. Clear browsing data.
- At the top right, tap Done.
How do you find history on iPhone 12?
How to view your tab’s recent history
- Launch the Safari app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the page forward and page back buttons in the Safari toolbar. Tap and hold on the back button.
- The current tab’s browsing history will appear for you to peruse.
How do I permanently delete photos from my phone?
To permanently delete an item from your device:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select the items you want to delete from your Android phone or tablet.
- In the top right, tap More Delete from device.
How do you delete everything?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
How can I clean my phone?
Here’s how to factory reset your phone:
- Open up the Settings app.
- Tap on General Management and tap on Reset.
- Select the Factory data reset option.
- On the final screen, confirm by tapping Reset Device and Delete All.
Will a hard reset delete everything on my phone?
When you do a factory reset on your Android device, it erases all the data on your device. It is similar to the concept of formatting a computer hard drive, which deletes all the pointers to your data, so the computer no longer knows where the data is stored.
What are the disadvantages of factory reset?
But if we reset our device because we noticed that its snappiness has slowed down, the biggest drawback is the loss of data, so it is essential to backup all your data, contacts, photos, videos, files, music, before resetting.
What happens if you factory reset your phone?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.