Perform a Hard Reset for an Unresponsive iPhone
- For an iPhone 8 or newer, quickly press and release the volume up button, then the volume down button, and then press and hold the side button.
- For an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, simultaneously press and hold the side button and the volume down button.
Additionally, What causes iPhone Black Screen of Death?
In this case, the most probable cause for the iPhone Black Screen of Death could be a hardware issue on the inside. It could be a result of wreckage in case you dropped your phone. There’s a chance the LCD cable has been dislodged due to the physical impact.
Also, How do you restart a frozen iPhone?
Force restart an iPhone with Face ID
Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
How can you unfreeze an iPhone? An immediate way to unfreeze your iPhone is by performing the hard reset. Hold the “sleep/wake” button on your iPhone and the “Home” button simultaneously for 10 seconds until an Apple logo appears on the screen. The iPhone will restart back to normalcy.
Furthermore How do I fix an unresponsive screen?
How to Reset the Android Phone with Unresponsive Screen?
- Perform a soft reset by simply turning off your Android device and restarting it again.
- Check if the SD card inserted is fine else, eject it out and restart the device.
- If your Android uses a removable battery, take it out and re-insert it after few minutes.
How do I restart my iPhone when the screen is black?
If your screen is black or frozen
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- If your phone doesn’t turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone.
How do you fix a black screen of death on an iPhone?
Solution 1: Hard Reset to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death
Step 1 Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” and the “Home” key for about ten seconds. Step 2 Wait until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Step 3 After the iPhone reboots, it should get rid of the black screen of death.
How do I restart my iPhone without the power button and frozen?
How To Restart An iPhone Without The Power Button In iOS 11
- Tap the virtual AssistiveTouch button.
- Tap the Device icon .
- Tap the More icon .
- Tap the Restart icon .
- Tap Restart when the alert appears on your iPhone’s display.
- Your iPhone turn off, then back on after about 30 seconds.
What do you do when your iPhone won’t force restart?
Press and release the volume up button, press and release the volume down button, and then press and hold the side button until the screen turns back on. Release the side button when the Apple logo appears.
What do you do if your iPhone wont turn on at all?
How to fix an iPhone that won’t turn on?
- Charge your battery. Fully discharged batteries are the number one cause of iPhones not turning on. …
- Simple Restart / Force Restart. …
- Restore to Factory Settings via iTunes (Data Loss) …
- Contact Apple Support.
What to do if iPhone freezes and can’t turn off?
Force restart your iPhone (X, XS, XS Max, and 11 series)
- Long press the volume button or the side button to get the slider on the screen.
- Once done, use the slider to turn off your device.
- Keep your iPhone powered off for at least 30 seconds and then turn on the device, again by long-pressing the side button.
Why is my phone working but the screen is black?
Dust and debris could keep your phone from charging properly. … Wait until the batteries die completely and the phone shuts down and then recharge the phone, and restart it after it’s fully charged. If there is a critical system error causing the black screen, this should get your phone working again.
Why is my screen unresponsive?
A smartphone touchscreen can become unresponsive for several reasons. For example, a brief hiccup in your phone’s system could render it unresponsive. While this is often the simplest cause of unresponsiveness, other factors like moisture, debris, app glitches and viruses can all have an effect.
How do I restart my phone if the touchscreen doesnt work?
Reboot Your Phone
Press and hold the Power button to display the power menu, then tap Restart if you’re able. If you’re unable to touch the screen to select the option, on most devices you can hold down the Power button for several seconds to switch off your phone.
What causes a black screen of death?
The notorious black screen of death (BSOD) can occur for a variety of reasons including overheating, update issues, a power supply issue and software or driver errors. Fortunately, you can repair it in most cases. If it happens more frequently, then you might have a hardware issue and should take it into a repair shop.
How do I fix black screen of death?
Repair a Black Screen of Death in Safe Mode
- Click Advanced options then Troubleshoot.
- From here go to Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- Select option 4, Enable Safe Mode.
- Wait for Windows Safe Mode to start.
- Once booted, press Windows + X.
- In the Quick Link menu select Device Manager.
What happens if your iPhone just shuts off and wont turn back on?
If you can’t restart your iPhone, then make sure it’s charged. You might need to replace the Lightning cable and make sure the power source is working properly. If all else fails, plug it into a computer and see if iTunes recognizes the phone. If it does, try to back it up before you get it serviced or repaired.
How do I restart my phone if my power button doesnt work?
Pressing down both volume buttons on your device for a long period can often bring up a boot menu. From there you can choose to restart your device. Your phone may use a combination of holding the volume buttons while also holding the home button, so be sure to try this as well.
How can I restart my phone without the power button?
How to restart phone without power button
- Plug the Phone into an electric or USB charger. …
- Enter Recovery Mode and reboot the phone. …
- “Double-tap to wake” and “Double-tap to sleep” options. …
- Scheduled Power ON/OFF. …
- Power Button to Volume Button app. …
- Find the professional phone repair provider.
What do I do if my iPhone wont hard reset?
Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue: Press and quickly release Volume UP button. Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button. Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds.
Why is my phone not turning on at all?
There can be two possible reasons for your android phone that won’t turn on. It can either be because of any hardware failure or there are some issues with the phone software. Hardware issues would be challenging to deal on your own, since they may necessitate replacement or repair of hardware parts.
What does it mean when your iPhone goes black and wont turn on?
A black screen is usually caused by a hardware problem with your iPhone, so there usually isn’t a quick fix. That being said, a software crash can cause your iPhone display to freeze and turn black, so let’s try a hard reset to see if that’s what’s going on.
How do I fix my black screen?
Try a Hard Reset
To fix a black screen on an iPhone or Android, the first (and easiest) step is to do a hard reset. This basically entails rebooting the phone’s software. A hard reset can be performed right on your phone, although the process differs depending on what type of device you own.