Press and release the volume-up button. Press and release the volume-down button. Press and hold the side button until the screen turns off and then turns back on. You can release the side button when the Apple logo appears.
Additionally, Why is my iPhone screen not responding to my touch?
Restart your iPhone or iPad. Make sure your screen is clean and free of any debris or water. Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger.
Also, What causes iPhone Black Screen of Death?
In this case, the most probable cause for the iPhone Black Screen of Death could be a hardware issue on the inside. It could be a result of wreckage in case you dropped your phone. There’s a chance the LCD cable has been dislodged due to the physical impact.
How do I restart my iPhone without the power button and frozen? How To Restart An iPhone Without The Power Button In iOS 11
- Tap the virtual AssistiveTouch button.
- Tap the Device icon .
- Tap the More icon .
- Tap the Restart icon .
- Tap Restart when the alert appears on your iPhone’s display.
- Your iPhone turn off, then back on after about 30 seconds.
Furthermore Why is my phone working but the screen is black?
Dust and debris could keep your phone from charging properly. … Wait until the batteries die completely and the phone shuts down and then recharge the phone, and restart it after it’s fully charged. If there is a critical system error causing the black screen, this should get your phone working again.
What causes unresponsive touch screen?
A smartphone touchscreen can become unresponsive for several reasons. For example, a brief hiccup in your phone’s system could render it unresponsive. While this is often the simplest cause of unresponsiveness, other factors like moisture, debris, app glitches and viruses can all have an effect.
Table of Contents
How do I fix a unresponsive touch screen?
How to Reset the Android Phone with Unresponsive Screen?
- Perform a soft reset by simply turning off your Android device and restarting it again.
- Check if the SD card inserted is fine else, eject it out and restart the device.
- If your Android uses a removable battery, take it out and re-insert it after few minutes.
How do I fix a stuck black screen on my iPhone?
If your screen is black or frozen
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- If your phone doesn’t turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone.
How can I fix my iPhone Black Screen of Death?
First solution: Force your iPhone X to restart.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
How do I restore my iPhone if the screen is black?
To hard reset fix your iPhone black screen, press and release volume up button, then press and release volume down button, then press and hold power button until you see the Apple logo on your screen.
How do I restart my phone if my power button doesnt work?
Pressing down both volume buttons on your device for a long period can often bring up a boot menu. From there you can choose to restart your device. Your phone may use a combination of holding the volume buttons while also holding the home button, so be sure to try this as well.
How do you force restart an iPhone with a broken home button?
Go to Settings > General > and scroll down all the way until you find Shut Down. Tap it and your device restarts! Easy-Peasy.
How do I reboot my iPhone 12?
How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
What to do if phone screen is not working?
On most phones, press your phone’s power button for about 30 seconds, or until your phone restarts. On the screen, you might need to tap Restart .
For more info, contact your device manufacturer.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap System. Developer options. …
- Turn off Developer options.
What do you do when your phone screen goes black?
So, if your phone’s screen has suddenly turned off for no reason, don’t panic – simply follow these four tips.
- Try a Hard Reset. To fix a black screen on an iPhone or Android, the first (and easiest) step is to do a hard reset. …
- Check the LCD Cable. …
- Perform a Factory Reset. …
- Take Your iPhone or Android to NerdsToGo.
How do I fix black screen of death?
Repair a Black Screen of Death in Safe Mode
- Click Advanced options then Troubleshoot.
- From here go to Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- Select option 4, Enable Safe Mode.
- Wait for Windows Safe Mode to start.
- Once booted, press Windows + X.
- In the Quick Link menu select Device Manager.
How do I restart my iPhone 6 when the screen is black?
To hard reset of force restart your iPhone 6s with black/blank screen, or not responding, just hold down the Sleep/Wake (Power) button and the Home button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
How do I force restart?
All you need to do is press and hold the power button for at least 20-30 seconds. It’s going to feel like a long time, but keep holding it until the device powers off. Samsung devices have a slightly quicker method. Press and hold the volume down key and the power/side key for seven seconds.
How do I revive a dead iPhone?
Connect your iPhone to iTunes using a lightning-to-USB cable. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons. After 8 seconds, release the Sleep/Wake button but keep holding the Volume Down button. iTunes should detect a device in Recovery Mode, click Restore.
What to do if power button is not working?
Reboot your phone
Try long pressing your phone’s power button for thirty seconds and see if it can reboot. Rebooting would help if the reason why the power button is not responding is because of any software or application glitch. When you reboot the device, it would help restart all the apps.
How do I reboot my device?
- Press and hold the “Power” button until you see the “Options” menu.
- Select either “Restart” or “Power off”. If you choose “Power off”, you can turn your device back on again by pressing and holding the “Power” button.
How do I enter recovery mode?
Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously until the device turns on. You can use Volume Down to highlight Recovery Mode and the Power button to select it. Depending on your model, you may then have to enter your password and choose a language to enter recovery mode.
How can I restart my phone without the button?
You can exactly do the “Double-tap to sleep” and use the “Double-tap to Wake” feature on your phone. Thereby your smartphone gets restarted by once Double tapping it to sleep and then Double tap to wake. Scheduling the Power On/Off can be a great way to restart phone without power button.
How do I restart my iPhone if my home button is broken and the screen is black?
Try to see if you restart the phone by doing the following steps:
- Press and hold the Power/Sleep/Wake button and Home button together at the same time.
- Keep both buttons held down for 10 seconds.
- Do not release the Power/Sleep/Wake button and Home button until the home screen flashes and the Apple logo appears.