Apple iPhone – Turn AirDrop On / Off
- From a Home screen on your Apple® iPhone®, navigate: Settings. > General. If an app isn’t available on your Home screen, swipe left to access the App Library.
- Tap AirDrop.
- Select the AirDrop setting: Receiving Off: AirDrop turned off.
Additionally, How do I pair my iPhone to my Macbook?
Connect iPhone to Mac with a cable. Just take the cable that came with your iPhone, plug one end into the phone and the other into a USB port on your Mac. Then you can sync your iPhone to your computer. Sync iPhone to Mac over Wi-Fi.
Also, Where is the AirDrop setting on my iPhone?
Go to Settings, tap General . Tap AirDrop, then choose an option.
If you see Receiving Off and can’t tap to change it:
- Go to Settings > Screen Time.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Tap Allowed Apps and make sure that AirDrop is turned on.
How do I activate AirDrop on my iPhone? How to Turn On AirDrop on an iPhone. To turn on AirDrop on an iPhone or iPad, open the Control Center by swiping up on older models or swiping down from the top-right corner on an iPhone X or later. Then tap and hold the WiFi button, select AirDrop, and choose who can send files to your iPhone.
Furthermore How do I AirDrop from my iPhone?
Enable AirDrop in the Control Center or in the iPhone Settings. Open the file you want to send. Tap the Share icon and choose a person’s name. Tap Accept or Decline for files sent to you via AirDrop.
Why does my iPhone not sync with my Mac?
Make sure that the date and time settings on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC are correct. Make sure that you’re signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices. Then, check that you turned on Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders* in your iCloud settings. Check your Internet connection.
Table of Contents
How do I sync my iPhone to my MacBook without USB?
Turn on Wi-Fi syncing
- Connect your device to your computer. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or a Wi-Fi connection. …
- In the iTunes app on your PC, click the Device button near the top left of the iTunes window.
- Click Summary.
- Select the checkbox for “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi.”
- Click Apply.
Can I screen mirror from iPhone to MacBook?
You can mirror your iPhone screen to a Mac with QuickTime and a Lightning to USB cable, or AirPlay and a third-party app. When you mirror your iPhone to Mac with AirPlay, you need to be on the same Wi-Fi network and use a third-party app like Reflector.
How do I connect to AirDrop?
How to use AirDrop on your iPhone and iPad to share photos, videos, contacts, and links
- Choose what you want to share and press the share icon.
- Select the AirDrop option, which is always first on the list.
- Choose the device or person you wish to send your file to.
How do I fix AirDrop on my iPhone?
AirDrop Not Working? Here Are 11 Simple Fixes
- Check Your Device Compatibility.
- Check Your Wireless Connections.
- Disable Personal Hotspot.
- Check Your AirDrop Receiving Settings.
- Make Sure You’re Both Signed Into iCloud.
- Restart Your iOS Devices or Your Macbook.
- Update Your iOS or MacOS.
- Reset Your Network Settings.
How do I send AirDrop?
Airdrop transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- Launch Control Center by swiping your finger up from the bottom bezel of your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are active.
- Tap on AirDrop.
- Choose the Contacts Only or Everyone.
- Tap Share or .
Why is my iPhone not syncing with my computer?
Try iTunes > Preferences > Devices > Reset Sync History and then try syncing once more. If that hasn’t helped try signing out of the iTunes Store on the device and then try again. Otherwise see this post on erratic syncing. Try iTunes > Preferences > Devices > Reset Sync History and then try syncing once more.
Why are my iPhone photos not syncing to my computer?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud. Make sure that you’re signed in with the same Apple ID that you’re using with iCloud for Windows. Open iCloud for Windows, and next to Photos, click Options. Turn on My Photo Stream.
How do I connect my iPhone to my Macbook with cable?
How can I tether an iPhone to a Mac via USB cable?
- Step 1: Turn on your iPhone’s Personal Hotspot. …
- Step 2: Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
- Step 3: Connect (or “tether”) your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable. …
- Step 4: Now it’s time to get you connected!
How do I connect my iPhone to my Macbook Air with cable?
USB-C to Lightning Cable: Connect your iPhone or other iOS or iPadOS device to your MacBook Air for syncing and charging. USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter: Connect your MacBook Air to an HDMI display, while also connecting a standard USB device and a USB-C charge cable to charge your MacBook Air.
How do I connect my iPhone to my Mac via WiFi?
Connect using Wi-Fi
- Make sure your iOS or iPadOS device and your Mac are signed into iCloud with the same Apple ID.
- On your Mac, click the Wi-Fi status icon in the menu bar, then choose your iPhone or iPad.
Why can’t I mirror my iPhone to my Macbook?
Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.
How do I mirror my iPhone to my Apple computer?
For iPad / iPhone
- Open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the device screen or swiping down from the top right corner of the screen (varies by device and iOS version).
- Tap the “Screen Mirroring” or “AirPlay” button.
- Select your computer.
- Your iOS screen will show on your computer.
How do I mirror my iPhone to my Mac via Bluetooth?
On your Mac:
- Click the Bluetooth icon in the menubar at the top right of your screen. …
- Select System Preferences and Bluetooth and you’ll see a list of Bluetooth items that you can connect to.
- Click the image of your iPhone and you’ll get a connection request from the smartphone.
- Choose Connect to make the connection.
How do I send a document from my Mac to my iPhone?
With AirDrop, you can wirelessly send documents to a nearby iPhone, iPad, or Mac on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Turn on AirDrop: On a Mac: Click the desktop to switch to the Finder, then choose Go > AirDrop (from the Go menu at the top of the screen). …
- Select the document you want to send: …
- Select a recipient.
How do I import my photos from iPhone to Mac?
How to move photos from an iPhone to a Mac with Photos:
- Connect your iPhone to Mac using a USB cable.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac.
- In the upper menu of the Photos app, choose Import.
- Click Import all new photos or select the photos you need and click Import Selected.
How do I send random AirDrop?
“Everyone” is easier but means random people you don’t know can send you prank AirDrops.
- Launch Control Center by swiping up from the bottom bezel of your iPhone or iPad.
- Long press on the Wi-Fi button.
- Tap AirDrop.
- Tap Contacts Only or Everyone to turn AirDrop on.
How do I fix AirDrop on my Mac?
AirDrop still not working? Try these tips!
- Sign out of iCloud on your devices and then sign back in.
- Restart your Mac and iOS devices.
- Force restart an iOS device by holding the Sleep/Wake and Home button.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router.
- Disable and re-enable Wi-Fi and then Bluetooth.
Why is my AirDrop getting Cancelled?
It’s possible that if you or they have a Firewall implemented on the Mac that it could be stopping AirDrop from workoing. To disable the Firewall go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Turn Off Firewall. Also check that ‘Block all incoming connections’ isn’t turned on in Firewall.