Solution 1: Hard Reset to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death
Step 1 Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” and the “Home” key for about ten seconds. Step 2 Wait until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Step 3 After the iPhone reboots, it should get rid of the black screen of death.
In this manner, What should you do when your iPhone won’t turn on?
How to fix an iPhone that won’t turn on?
- Charge your battery. Fully discharged batteries are the number one cause of iPhones not turning on. …
- Simple Restart / Force Restart. …
- Restore to Factory Settings via iTunes (Data Loss) …
- Contact Apple Support.
Furthermore How do I force my iPhone to turn on?
Force restart an iPhone with Face ID
Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
Why is my iPhone working but the screen is black? If you’re stuck where the screen is black but the iPhone still works, a potential reason for this to be happening could be because of a software issue. This problem usually suggests that the iPhone is frozen or is crashing. Luckily what you can do here is reboot your device.
Beside above How do I restart my iPhone when the screen is black?
If your screen is black or frozen
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- If your phone doesn’t turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone.
What does it mean when your iPhone goes black and wont turn on?
A black screen is usually caused by a hardware problem with your iPhone, so there usually isn’t a quick fix. That being said, a software crash can cause your iPhone display to freeze and turn black, so let’s try a hard reset to see if that’s what’s going on.
Why is my phone not turning on at all?
There can be two possible reasons for your android phone that won’t turn on. It can either be because of any hardware failure or there are some issues with the phone software. Hardware issues would be challenging to deal on your own, since they may necessitate replacement or repair of hardware parts.
What do you do when your iPhone just shuts off and wont turn back on?
If your iPhone won’t turn on, most of the time a simple restart will get it back up and running. If you can’t restart your iPhone, then make sure it’s charged. You might need to replace the Lightning cable and make sure the power source is working properly.
How do I force my iPhone to power off?
Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
How do I fix my black screen?
Android device users should start by holding down the power button on your device for five to seven seconds, which should restart it. If the device hasn’t been charged, there might be a problem with its power cord, adapter, or even the electrical outlet. If the device has power, you may have a problem with the screen.
Why is my phones screen black?
The most common reason for a cellphone’s screen to go black is a simple hardware failure. This can be caused by the actual LCD going bad, by the cable that runs between the LCD and control board going bad, or even just from the cable’s connectors coming loose.
Why is my phone ringing but the screen is black?
Step 1: Go to Dialer or Phone app settings. … Step 2: Now select the “App notifications” option. Step 3: Now if App notifications are turned off, your display won‘t wake up when someone calls you. Also if only the “Incoming calls” permission is off, your screen will not light up with incoming calls.
How do I restart my phone when the screen is black?
Depending on the model Android phone you have you may need to use some combination of buttons to force restart the phone, including:
- Press & hold the Home, Power, & Volume Down/Up buttons.
- Press & hold the Home & Power buttons.
- Press & hold the Power/Bixby button until the phone shuts down completely.
What do you do when your phone screen goes black?
So, if your phone’s screen has suddenly turned off for no reason, don’t panic – simply follow these four tips.
- Try a Hard Reset. To fix a black screen on an iPhone or Android, the first (and easiest) step is to do a hard reset. …
- Check the LCD Cable. …
- Perform a Factory Reset. …
- Take Your iPhone or Android to NerdsToGo.
What causes a black screen of death?
The notorious black screen of death (BSOD) can occur for a variety of reasons including overheating, update issues, a power supply issue and software or driver errors. Fortunately, you can repair it in most cases. If it happens more frequently, then you might have a hardware issue and should take it into a repair shop.
What causes iPhone Black Screen of Death?
A possible cause of the Black Screen of Death issue on iPhone devices is a hardware fault or damage, which can be due to accidentally dropping the device or getting it soaked in water for a long time.
Why is my phone working but the screen is black?
Dust and debris could keep your phone from charging properly. … Wait until the batteries die completely and the phone shuts down and then recharge the phone, and restart it after it’s fully charged. If there is a critical system error causing the black screen, this should get your phone working again.
What do you do when your phone screen goes black and wont turn on?
Plug in phone, wait five minutes, and then try to do a Force Restart. This ensure the phone has enough power to restart, and restarting could clear any errors that might be affecting the screen. If possible, remove the battery, wait 30 seconds or more, and then reinstall the battery and start your phone.
What do I do if my phone died and wont turn back on?
What to do if your phone won’t turn on
- Restart the phone. The problem could be that your phone is frozen. …
- Charge the battery. Plugging in your phone for 15–25 minutes may do the trick. …
- Enable Safe Mode. …
- Check for damage. …
- Perform a factory reset.
Why is my phone not turning on even when charging?
If your battery is completely drained of charge, your iPhone may not immediately turn on even when plugged into a power source. Connect your iPhone to a charger and let it charge for 30 minutes, and then try turning it on again.
What to do if your phone will not turn on?
What to Do If Your Phone Won’t Turn On
- Inspect the Phone for Physical Damage. (Photo: South_agency/Getty Images) …
- Charge the Battery. (Photo: Zlata Ivleva) …
- Do a Hard Reset. (Photo: Zlata Ivleva) …
- Restore Your Phone to Factory Settings. …
- Re-Flash the Firmware From Scratch. …
- Buy a New Phone.
How do I turn my iPhone off without the power button?
How to turn off your iPhone without the power button
- Navigate to Settings > General.
- Swipe down and tap Shut Down.
- Swipe the power off slider from left to right.
How do I force my iPhone to turn off without sliding?
Question: Q: Can I turn off my iPhone X without the slide bar?
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
How do I turn off my iPhone If the touch screen isnt working?
If you find yourself in this situation, here are the steps to take to turn off your iPhone without using the touch screen:
- Press and release the Volume Up button. …
- Do the same to the Volume Down button. …
- Press and hold the Lock/Unlock button until your iPhone screen turns off, turns on, and shuts off again.