It is possible that at some point your friends have run out of information or are visiting your city after arriving from a foreign country, and they ask you to share the internet with them from your mobile device. If you have not yet discovered how to do it from your iPhone, in Applesfera we share below a useful tutorial for you to share your network without any problem.
So you can share the internet on your iPhone or iPad
Internet Sharing allows you to share your iPhone or iPad’s mobile data connection (Wi-Fi + Cellular) when you or your friends do not have access to a WiFi network. If you have not yet used this feature on your mobile device, the first thing you need to do is configure it by following a few simple steps.
- Go to Settings > Mobile or Cellular Data > Internet Sharing.
- Press Internet Share, then press the green button to activate the option.
Some users may not see the option Internet Sharing available, if that is your case you should contact your operator to make sure you can use that feature with your plan.
Learn about the ways to share internet from your device
You can connect to Internet Sharing using WiFi, Bluetooth or USB. The moment your device starts sharing the network with another computer, a blue status bar appears at the top of the screen, where you can see how many computers in total are connected to your smartphone.
You should note that the number of devices that can connect to the Internet Share feature at the same time, depends on the operator and the model of iPhone.
If you want to share the Internet using WiFi, you must follow these steps:
- Turn on WiFi on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Internet or Mobile Share.
- Then go to ‘Internet Sharing’, and make sure it’s activated.
- Next, verifies the Wi-Fi password and the name of the phone. Stay on this screen until you have connected your other device to the WiFi network.
- On the device you want to connect, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and find your iPhone or iPad in the list.
- To connect you just enter the correct password.
If, on the other hand, you prefer to use Bluetooth to connect another device, you should consider:
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth and stay on that screen.
- On your Mac or PC, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to set up a Bluetooth network connection.
- When you have completed the steps, you will be able to use the mobile internet on your computer via Bluetooth.
- Remember that the Internet Sharing option supports Bluetooth connections via Mac, PC and other third-party devices.
Finally, if you are going to connect another device to the Internet via USB, please note:
- You must have the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Then connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer with the USB cable supplied with your device.
- If the following alert appears: “Trust this computer”, press Trust.
If you’re done sharing the Internet and want to disconnect your device, just turn off Internet sharing, turn off Bluetooth, or unplug the USB cable from the device, and you’re done!