Having the ability to store all your photos and videos in the cloud is a great advantage, because in case you lose your mobile device or computer, you don’t have to worry about your memories, that will always be in a safe place on the internet, which you can access whenever you want.
With the help of the iCloud-configured Photos application, every photo and video you make with your iOS device can be automatically stored in the cloud, so you can access them whenever you need to. Any changes you make to your collection on any of your iCloud devices, will be applied to your other devices as well.
If you’re new to iPhone, iPad, Apple TV or a Mac computer, and want to upload your photos to iCloud, there are a few simple steps to follow to set up your computer so you can have all your photos and videos in the cloud.
How to set up iCloud photos on your iPhone or iPad
Before you start, it’s important to set up iCloud on your mobile devices, so that all your photos and videos are stored in the cloud. To do this, you must follow a few simple steps.
- Go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud
- When you are there, go to the ‘Apps that use iCloud’ section, located in the centre of the screen
- There you will find the app ‘Photos’, click on it.
- When you log in you must turn on the ‘Photos in iCloud’ button, so that all your images will be automatically uploaded to iCloud.
It is important to note that in addition to the benefit of having your photos anywhere, the images and videos are organized in iCloud by Years, Months, Days and All Photos. In addition, all photos and videos in Memories and People are updated on all devices. This way, you can find the moment, the family member or the friend you are looking for in a second.
How to set up iCloud photos on your Mac or Apple TV
If you want to set up the iCloud on your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HDYou can do it this way:
- Go to Settings > Users and Accounts
- There you press on iCloud
- Then, activate iCloud Photos, and the service will automatically start
If you want to set up your pictures and videos on your Mac, here’s what to do:
- Go to System Preferences > Apple ID
- Click iCloud in the sidebar, then select iCloud Photos
- If you have an older version of macOS, go to System Preferences > iCloud, click Options next to Photos, and select iCloud Photos.
Make sure you have enough storage
The photos and videos you save in iCloud Photos use both iCloud storage and device storage. If you have enough storage space in iCloud and on your device, you can store as much content as you want.
When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5GB of free storage from Apple. If you need more space, you can buy more, as Apple offers plans from 50 GB for $0.99 per month. If you choose 200 GB or 2 TB plans, you can share the storage space with your family.