There are four days left for the Apple event where we are expecting the new Apple smartphones. And just a few minutes ago. leaker with some reliability has filtered out the last details that expected from the new iPhone 12. This information provides new features that had not been discussed until now.
iPhone 12 with 5G, Super Retina XDR display and new colors
The information has been published by the user Kang on the Chinese social network Weibo (here a translation into English). In it, he also talks in passing about the HomePod mini, although all the attention is focused on the new iPhone 12. Next, we’ll try to organize the filtering as best as possible. We assume that there will be four models of iPhone 12:
- iPhone 12 miniSuper Retina XDR 5.4″ screen; 5G connection; black, white, red, blue, and green colors; price $699
- iPhone 12Super Retina XDR 6.1″ screen; 5G connection; colors black, white, red, blue and green; price $799
- iPhone 12 ProSuper Retina XDR 6.1″ screen; 5G connection; gold, silver, graphite and blue colors; price $999
- iPhone 12 ProSuper Retina XDR 6.7″ screen; 5G connection; gold, silver, graphite and blue colors; price $1,099
Although all models are 5G, the filtration indicates that only the US is mmWave. The absence of a wall adapter and headphones in the box is also confirmed, according to other rumours to compensate for the cost of the 5G. Above the display, a front protection using a combination of ceramic and glass stands out. Filtration indicates increased hardness and drop resistance.
Camera enhancements to all versions of iPhone 12 and new MagSafe chargers
According to the leak, we will also find significant improvements in the cameras. However, until now, two sets of photographic systems were being considered for the “no pro” and “pro” models. Now it looks like the “pro” will have two different systems, making a total of three. The result would be as follows:
- iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12Dual camera, with wide-angle and ultra-wide-angle sensors with aperture ƒ1.6.
- iPhone 12 ProTriple camera, with wide angle sensors, ultra wide angle with aperture ƒ1.6 and 52mm telephoto. LiDAR and x4 optical zoom.
- iPhone 12 Pro MaxTriple camera, with wide angle sensors, ultra wide angle with aperture ƒ1.6 and 65mm telephoto. LiDAR and x5 optical zoom. The sensor is 47% larger than the iPhone 12 Pro and with 1.7μm pixels.
All four versions of iPhone 12 are capable of recording video in Dolby Vision quality. The use of Deep Fusion and night mode have been improved and a new version of Smart HDR 3 appears.
Most curious of all, according to this information, we will see the return of the name MagSafe. That’s the brand name Apple uses to refer to a new type of 15W fast wireless charging (the current 7.5W). And Apple has taken the opportunity to create new accessories to go with the iPhone 12. These are the MagSafe and MagSafe Duo chargers, which would be different from the already cancelled AirPower.
Release date for all versions of iPhone 12
And we finally reached one of the most important points: the release date of the iPhone 12. As we have known for some time, the start of its commercialisation will be staggered. The dates handled in this filtration are the following, following the size order of the models:
- iPhone 12 miniBookings on 6 or 7 November with launch on 13 or 14 November.
- iPhone 12Bookings on October 16th or 17th with launch on October 23rd or 24th.
- iPhone 12 ProBookings on October 16th or 17th with launch on October 23rd or 24th.
- iPhone 12 Pro MaxBookings on 13 or 14 November with launch on 20 or 21 November.
As we can see, there will be three steps. The “central” models will be launched this month, followed by the iPhone 12 mini and finally the iPhone 12 Pro Max. This is the first time Apple has four versions that sell on the same generation of iPhone and also the first to be staggered over three different launch dates.