If you no longer use the email address that’s associated with your Apple ID, you can change it. You won’t lose access to your contacts, purchases, or other account information.
Additionally, Can you have 2 Apple IDs on an iPhone?
You can’t have 2 IDs on one device like you can have 2 user accounts on a computer. Devices are by design single user only. You can have 2 IDs using one for iCloud and one for the App Store/iTunes for example. In app purchases can’t be shared.
Also, How do I remove an Apple ID from an iPhone?
How to Remove Your Apple ID from Your iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone. …
- Then tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen. …
- Next, tap iTunes & App Store.
- Then tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Next, tap View Apple ID. …
- Then tap Remove this Device. …
- Tap the back button to go back to your Apple ID page.
How do I remove someone else’s Apple ID from my iPhone? How to get rid of someone else’s Apple ID on your iPhone
- Open Settings. Tap your name (or the previous owner’s name) at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. You then have to enter the previous owner’s Apple ID password.
Furthermore Why do I have 2 Apple IDs on my iPhone?
I (like many others) have two Apple IDs on my iPhone and other devices. The “main” Apple ID is the one used for iCloud, iMessage, and so on. This ID has two-factor authentication enabled on it. The second Apple ID (the “store” ID) is used only for iTunes and the App Store.
Can I delete an old Apple ID?
Answer: A: You can not delete an Apple ID. It is asking for the password because you have an app on the devices trying to update that has been purchased on the old Apple ID. Purchases are permanently linked to the Apple iD that they were made on.
Does resetting iPhone delete Apple ID?
This will remove your iCloud account and disable Apple’s activation lock. … As long as you know your Apple ID and password you can recover your data after the factory reset.
Can you remove activation lock without previous owner?
Go to “Find My iPhone > All Devices” and select the device to remove/unlock. Step 3. Click “Erase [device]” and after erasing, click “Remove from Account”. Once the above steps are complete, the activation lock will be removed and you can use your own Apple ID.
How do I delete an iCloud account from my iPhone without a password?
You cannot sign out of or delete an account without knowing the password. That’s basic account security. So you will have to recover the account and reset the password first. The device is an iPhone 4 with iOS version 7.2.
How do I delete an old Apple ID?
How to delete your Apple ID account
- Log into Apple’s Data and Privacy website with your Apple ID. …
- Under the heading Delete your account, click the link to Request to delete your account.
- On the new page, select a reason for deletion from the dropdown box, then click Continue.
How do I delete someone else’s Apple ID without the password?
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings. That’s because the Apps that are requesting an update are ones downloaded with another Apple ID. You will not be able to update those apps without that Apple ID password. However, you can delete the apps, and then redownload them from the App Store.
Why does my old Apple ID keep showing up?
Question: Q: my old apple id keeps popping up
You will need to completely sign out of the old Apple ID. Sign in with the new Apple ID. Remember, any app you pull up that was originally loaded under the old Apple ID will cause the old Apple ID to appear. Best to get rid of those and re-download the apps.
How do I delete an old iCloud account?
How to delete or deactivate your iCloud account by deleting or deactivating your Apple ID
- Go to the Apple account website and sign in to the account you want to delete.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. …
- If you still want to delete, click the blue hyperlink to “Request to delete your account” and continue.
Does factory reset delete iCloud?
No, factory resetting your iPhone will not alter your iCloud. Upon setting up your iPhone again you will be given the option to reconnect to your iCloud account if you desire. iCloud also stores iPhone backups that you can restore your phone from. … Erasing your iPhone has only effect on the device itself.
What will happen if I remove an iPhone from my account?
If you’re no longer using an iOS device, a Mac, or an Apple TV, you can remove it from your account by following the steps below. When you remove a device set up to use Apple Pay, Apple Pay is disabled for the device, and your cards are removed from the device, even if the device is offline.
Can you remove an iCloud lock?
Removing the iCloud Activation Lock
To continue, click Start for the iPhone Activation Lock remove process to begin. … After the jailbreak, you can remove the iCloud Activation Lock. At this point, you will be able to start setting up the iPhone or iPad, using an Apple ID to sign into the device.
Can you jailbreak an iCloud locked iPhone?
The answer is No, jailbreaking iPhone won’t help remove the iCloud activation lock. Before you go ahead and jailbreak your device in the hopes of getting the iCloud activation lock removed, you need to do your research and find out if it is even possible to remove the lock by simply jailbreaking your iOS device.
How do you unlock an iPhone from iCloud?
In that case, they need to remove the lock using iCloud, by doing this:
- Ask them to go to iCloud.com and sign in with their Apple ID.
- Select Find iPhone.
- Select All Devices, then select the iPhone that needs to be unlocked.
- Select Erase and then follow any other on-screen prompts.
How do I remove my iPhone from iCloud remotely?
How To Remove Your iCloud Account Remotely
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in.
- Click the Find My app.
- Click All Devices.
- Select the device you need to remove.
- Select Remove from Account.
- Click Remove.
- That’s it! Your iCloud account has been removed and the Apple device is now ready to be used by a new owner.
How do I delete an iCloud account from my iPhone?
How to remove a device from iCloud using an iPhone or iPad
- Start the Settings app and then tap your account name at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to find the list of devices connected to your account. Tap the one you want to remove. …
- Tap “Remove from Account.” You’ll need to confirm you want to do this.
Why does my iPhone keep asking for an old Apple ID?
A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can’t be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired.
Can I delete my Apple ID and make a new one?
Answer: A: You cannot delete an Apple ID. But you can change an associated email address or create a new one.
How do I delete someone else’s iCloud?
Here are the steps to Delete Someone Else’s iCloud Account:
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Tap “iCloud”.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Delete Account” button.
- You will get two options i.e “Keep on My iPhone” and “Delete from My iPhone”.