Why don’t I see a “Delete Contact” option? If the option to “Delete Contact” is missing, that usually means it is a linked contact and is being synced from an app like Facebook or Twitter. … Go to “Settings” > “Facebook” (or whatever app has the contact).
Additionally, Why can’t I edit my contacts?
This can happen if the contacts are linked to an account that was not ‘properly’ removed from the phone, or when an application modifies contact entries in an incorrect fashion. Use the display options in the People app to figure out which contacts are linked to which account.
Also, What is the fastest way to delete contacts on iPhone?
Log into the iCloud website, then click on Contacts. Select the contacts you want to delete, holding down the Control button to select more than one at a time. Then either hit the delete key on your keyboard, or click the settings button on the lower left and pick delete.
How do you delete hidden contacts on iPhone? Go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts. Tap the account that has contacts that you want to add or remove. To add contacts, turn on Contacts. To remove contacts, turn off Contacts, then tap Delete from My iPhone.
Furthermore Why do deleted contacts reappear on iPhone?
There are a few reasons deleted contacts might keep coming back on your iPhone or iPad. Usually, it’s a syncing problem. Contacts can sync from many accounts on your device. When you sync your contacts to iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, or other cloud services it means there are several copies of your contacts list.
Why can’t I edit my contacts on iPhone?
For whatever reason, the Edit button goes missing for some iOS 5 users because they didn’t allow iCloud to access their Contacts. If you have a missing Edit button, you simply need to go to Settings > iCloud and move the slider to On for Contacts.
How do I edit my contact info on iPhone?
Tap My Card at the top of your contacts list, then tap Edit. Contacts suggests addresses and phone numbers to help you set up My Card. , then enter your information. Next, go to Settings > Contacts > My Info, then tap your name in the contacts list.
How do you hide text messages from certain contacts on iPhone?
How to hide messages from individual senders
- Open the message(s) you don’t want displaying as the chain continues.
- Tap near the top of the screen, by the icon of a face (or the person’s picture).
- On the taskbar that appears, tap the “i” for “info.” Tap “info.” William Antonelli/Business Insider.
- Toggle “Hide Alerts” on.
Why are my contacts showing up on my daughters iPhone?
This will happen if you are sharing the same iCloud account and are both syncing contacts with iCloud. When you do this, you contacts are merged and will appear on both phones. First, be sure to NOT delete your contacts from her phone. If you do, they will also be deleted from your phone and you will lose them.
How do I permanently delete contacts from my iPhone and iCloud?
At the top of the Settings menu, tap your name and Apple ID.
- In the Settings app, tap your name and Apple ID at the top. …
- Select “iCloud” on the Apple ID page. …
- Toggle “Contacts” to the off position, turning the button from green to grey. …
- Choose to either delete or keep your previously synced contacts.
Why do deleted messages keep coming back on iPhone?
Text messages hang around after you “delete” them because of how the iPhone deletes data. When you “delete” some kinds of items from the iPhone, they don’t actually get removed. Instead, they’re marked for deletion by the operating system and hidden so that they appear to be gone. But they’re still on the phone.
Can I find a deleted contact iPhone?
Restore your contacts or bookmarks from an earlier version
Sign in to iCloud.com. … Under Advanced, click Restore Contacts or Restore Bookmarks. Click Restore next to the date before you deleted the content. Click Restore again to confirm.
Why are my contacts missing on my iPhone?
Turn Off and Turn On iCloud Contacts
So go to Settings > Tap iCloud > Find Contacts> Toggle it off if it is on > Choose keep on my iPhone, and then toggle it on again; While if it is off, turn it on > Then iCloud will ask you what would you like to do with existing local contacts on your iPhone > Tap on Merge.
Why has iPhone changed contacts?
Toggling Your Contacts in iCloud Can Cause Your Contact Names to Reappear. Another option would be to use iCloud to toggle your contacts off and on again. You’ll need to go to Settings, then iCloud. Turn the Contacts toggle to the off position.
How do I change my suggested contacts?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your Contacts .
- At the top left, tap Menu. Suggestions.
- Tap Add people you contact often.
- From here you can: Change info: Tap Add to contacts. Make the changes you want. Tap Save. Remove a contact: Tap Dismiss.
How do I change my info on my iPhone?
Here’s how to change or update this information:
- Open Contacts.
- Tap My Card at the top of the screen.
- Tap Edit.
- Change your name or company name, and add a phone number, email address, birthday, URL, and more.
- Tap Done.
- Your personal contact information is changed, and AutoFill will now pull this updated data.
How do I delete my info on iPhone?
Erase all content and settings from iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Reset. If you’re asked to enter your passcode and you’ve forgotten it, see Reset the passcode. If you’re asked to enter your Apple ID password and you’ve forgotten it, see the Recover your Apple ID website.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How do you know if he’s using secret conversations?
It’s worth noting that if you send someone a message through Secret Conversations, they will know it’s a secret chat because the message bubble, which is usually blue, will be black. Next to their image it will read ‘Encrypted from one device to the other’ to let both parties know they’re engaged in a secret chat.
How do I hide text messages from certain contacts?
Hide text messages by turning on “Silent” notifications
- From your phone’s home screen, swipe down from the top to open the notification shade.
- Long press the notification from a specific contact you want to hide and select “Silent”
- Go to Settings > Apps & NOtifications > Notifications > NOtifications on Lock screen.
Can you hide a contact on an iPhone?
Log in and click on “Contacts”. Next, click the “+” button in the bottom-right corner of the left-hand contacts pane. … Now tap “Hide All Contacts”. Now tap only the group or groups you want to show.
Why are my contacts linked to iPhone?
Answer: A: Because you both share the same Apple ID for iTunes & iCloud, and your wife has syncing for contacts/calendars turned on, on her phone, under iCloud. If you both use the same ID for iCloud, & both have contacts/calendars turned on, that’s the way it is supposed to work.
Why am I getting my husbands contacts on my iPhone?
If you both have an account you’re sharing that is set as your default account to save Contacts to, that would cause the issue you’ve described. Change the Default Account to iCloud, and that should keep your Contacts separated.
Why do I have my mom’s contacts on my iPhone?
1 Answer. It appears if your device was previously used with you mom’s iCloud account, and her contact information was not removed from the device before you signed in with your iCloud account. This will merge the contact data from both accounts.